Desert Magazine 1969 Bundle of 11 Issues Erle Stanley Gardner Articles
Desert Magazine 1969 Bundle of 11 issues. Set consists of the January, March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November, and December issues. (February missing.) Articles in this collection include:
- Two nonfiction articles by Erle Stanley Gardner (author of the Perry Mason series):
- "Acambaro Mystery", on the questions surrounding the archeological find in the village of Acambaro, Mexico
- "Clamming at El Golfo" on digging for clams in Mexico's Gulf of Californoa
- "One Man's Monument to Peace", an illustrated article on the huge Biblical statues at Desert Christ Park in the mountains above Yucca Valley, California
- Story on the disappearing California condor
- An article on earth cookery, the process of roasting food underground
- An account of a trip on the "low road" from Yuma to Tucson
- The story of the planned development at Lake Havasu City, Arizona
- "Noodling" for opals in Nevada's Virgin Valley
- The many uses of the desert yucca, also known as "Candles of the Lord"
- Numerous articles on desert wildlife and plant life and on scenic trips through the American desert
Condition ranges from acceptable to good. Covers have come off the July and August issues; July covers are included loose with the magazine; August covers were taped back in place by a previous owner, and the tape has yellowed and dried out from age. December issue has extensive marking in ink on pages. The other issues in the set are in good condition, with intact covers, edge and corner wear on covers.
We Also Recommend