Hand Carved Nativity Scene in Gourd Ornament New Mexico Artisan Made
These magnificent hand-carved Nativity gourd ornaments were created by New Mexico artists Neal and Ophelia Crosier, a husband and wife artistic team who work side by side in their studio to craft their extraordinary pieces. Each element of these ornaments is meticulously hand-carved, with beautiful detailing.
In addition to the skilled craftsmanship of the artists, what makes these lovely Christmas ornaments even more unique is their use of distinctly Southwest design elements.
- Beautifully-carved figures of Mary, Joseph, and Baby Jesus rest inside the ornament
- Joseph, the tallest of the figures, stands about 1.5" tall
- A hand-painted Southwest pottery piece sits on the floor near Mary's feet, and an intricately-designed Native American style rug adorns the back wall
- An opening at the back of each ornament allows a miniature Christmas string light bulb to be pushed through to light the ornament from within
- Signed on the bottom side by the artist
- Topped with a cord hanging loop
Each of these ornaments is a unique work of art, with individual variations in paintwork and detailing. Because they are crafted from real gourds, the exact size and shape of each ornament will also be unique. Approximate ornament size is 4" x 2.5".
We Also Recommend